Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dramatis Personae

Brian: me.  I'm what's called a "computational chemist" by training, but now work in "high performance computing".  I'm 32.  It's not entirely unreasonable to believe that there may be a Bigfoot or two somewhere in the old family tree. 

Sarah: my wife.  I'm not going to say "long-suffering" but I could.  We met through her sister, who was then dating (and is now married to) one of my fraternity brothers.  She's a Kindergarten teacher.

Ainsleigh: our firstborn, conceived by IVF in 2006. Ainsleigh was born in March 2007 and died in September 2007.  The story is told elsewhere

Daisy: our beagle.  We adopted her from the shelter the first Spring we were married. (That would be 2001, if you're counting.)  She's been through it with us, for sure.  She's lazy and grumpy and a little too fat, but we do love her so.

Jack: our whatever. We got this mutt fourth-hand in 2008: from Sarah's sister, who got him from a friend of hers, who got him from a pound in Tupelo.  He's hyper and undisciplined and a little to shaggy, but we do tolerate him so.

Dr. Ke: our very excellent fertility guy, based in Memphis, TN, about 1.5hr from our home (more on this in a moment). He ran our first (successful) IVF cycle in 2006 and will run this one as well. If you're stumbling on this blog because you need a fertility doctor in the Mid-South area, drop me a line and we can discuss it, but the short version is: I can't recommend him enough.

Not sure who else you need to know.  I guess I'll update this post with additional characters as they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment