Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Checkup

At each checkup there are a series of checks: they check Sarah's weight, listen to the baby's heartbeat, and then measure the baby.  It seems to me that this latter test is not very precise; they just hold a tape measure against Sarah's belly and go "eh, it's about 34". 

Nevertheless, the last two times we wnt in (December and early January) Sarah measured just above the high end of normal.  This last time, the doc was worried enough about this that he had his tech do a brief ultrasound and check everything out. 

There are two big results here.  First: everything is in order. And second: the baby has hair.  See the fuzzy region around the perimeter of her head:

This is big news around my family.  Ainsleigh was born bald-headed, as was my niece, my brother and myself.  This is the first baby with hair in our family in some time.

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well and we cant wait to see this little girl! I cant believe they can see hair already....I bet she will have a lot. Miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read your new posts! It's getting closer and closer! Hope Mommy, Daddy, and baby are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope more updates are on their way with LK coming tomorrow! All our prayers and love to your family during this time. I hope everyone is fine and able to come home straight away!

    ReplyDelete